A soothing bowel formula that is intended to provide nutritive support for a healthy digestive tract and normal bowel function. Its unique combination of herbs offers dependable, comfortable support for your system in these uncomfortable times.
Colon Supporting Herbs
- Rhubarb (root extract) is a plant from Asia with mild laxative properties to help support normal bowel movements.
- Myrobalan (fruit extract) is an ancient Ayurvedic herb that contains naturally occurring vitamin C, which is an important antioxidant that helps reduce the daily load of toxins and other free radical producing substances.
- Ginger root supports better digestion and therefore provides better absorption of the ingredients.
- Peppermint Leaf has a soothing effect on the digestive tract. It may also help reduce the spasms associated with diarrhea and spastic colon.
- Elecampane contains inulin, a fiber known as a prebiotic that helps feed the beneficial bacteria in the intestines and ensure regular bowel movelements. It has been used since Roman times to aid digestion and may also help reduce inflammation in the digestive tract.
- Aloe vera gel supports stomach and intestinal lining health with its soothing gel. The gel does not contain alloin, a laxative substance found in the leaves.
The food we eat and the water we drink inevitably contain toxins, heavy metals, alcohols and other dangerous molecules. A healthy intestinal lining will act as a selective barrier, keeping large particles of these unhealthy substances from entering the blood and lymphatic systems. If enough fiber is ingested, the toxins that accumulate in the intestines can be carried out of the body regularly. Chronic disease, ingestion of food and water-based toxins, the daily use of prescription drugs may all have a deletorius affect on the lining and potentially make it hyperpermeable (leaky gut syndrome), allowing toxins to cross through, increasing the load on the liver. From there, it can trigger tissue toxicity and mitochondrial dysfunction, leading to cell death. Maintaining a healthy intestinal lining is crucial to the good health of the entire organism.